You asked, we heard you - Coming Soon - POCKETS!

Travel Tip Thursday : Get outta town!

Whether planning a trip across town or across the country,
remember to bring your sharmbaa Multi-Shrug

Does all the holiday hustle and bustle make you feel like you want to get outta town or even out of the country??!! If so, getting out of town might be a bit easier than getting out of the country since that requires a passport. If you don't have a passport, you'll need to get one and the average time it takes to get a passport is 4-5 weeks. However, if you want to give yourself the gift of travel outside of the states and you do have a passport, make sure that it's still current for the dates you'll be leaving and returning. 


Below is a checklist and a link to the U.S. Passport website to help you get a passport or renew. 

Form DS-11

Form DS-11 is the official application for a U.S. passport, and you'll have to fill one out before a passport can be issued to you. The application is required for all first-time passport applicants, adults who were issued a passport before the age of 16 or have not renewed their passport for 15 years or more. The application can be filled out and submitted online through the State Department's Bureau of Consular Affairs, or you can print it out and complete it by hand.

Proof of Citizenship

To acquire a U.S. passport, you must be a citizen of the United States and submit proof of your citizenship when you submit your application. There are several acceptable documents, including a certified U.S. birth certificate, a previously issued U.S. passport, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, a naturalization certificate or a certificate of citizenship.


Proper identification is required. Acceptable forms of identification include a naturalization certificate, a previously issued U.S. passport, a valid driver's license, a current government identification card or a current military identification card. You must have the identification with you, as well as a photocopy of the front and back of your identification when you apply.

Passport Photo

Your passport will contain a photo. You can get your passport photo taken by virtually any professional photo service, but the photo must be two inches by two inches and in full color taken in front of a white background. Your head should be 25 to 35 millimeters from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head. The photo should also be no more than six months old and taken directly from the front. The Bureau of Consular Affairs offers a complete list of passport photo requirements on its website.


Thinking of a Holiday Vacation far, far away? Be sure to bring along your sharmbaa shrug

Anna is wearing a sharmbaa comfy shrug


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published